Hi everyone, Meagan here! For those of you that don’t know, I’m the Without Limits intern this summer/fall and have been overseeing the female player survey. Over the next few weeks I will be analyzing the survey data and creating the report we’ll share with everyone later this summer. While you wait for the final results, I’ll be highlighting some of the more interesting data I find on the Without Limits blog.
When Michelle and I met up to discuss the final details of the survey in June, we talked about the number of responses we needed for the survey to be viable. I think during that conversation we decided at minimum 20 people had to respond, but that it would be great to get 100 responses. Imagine our surprise when on the first day alone 438 people took the survey!
As the responses kept rolling in, we realized this was important to many more people than we had initially anticipated. 15x the responses we were planning for certainly creates a lot more work on our end, but at the end of the day we are excited for the opportunity to share the collective perspective of so many players.
To get you started, here are a few facts and figures about everyone who took the survey!
- Number of survey responses: 1581
- Number of countries: 4 - U.S., Canada, China, and Germany
- Number of states: 46 and D.C.
- Over half (54%) were between the ages of 18-24
- Recreational League was the most common level played (66% of participants played), followed by club (54% of participants played). People could check more than one level, so there’s likely a lot of overlap there.
- Nearly two-thirds have played on a team with a coach at some point in their Ultimate careers.